Health First provides services to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay. To assist patients who may have difficulty paying, Health First offers a sliding scale discount program for our uninsured and under-insured patients who meet the federal eligibility guidelines.
The sliding scale discounts are based on the federal poverty guidelines. If your family qualifies for a discount, you will be assigned to the appropriate sliding fee scale level based on the table below.
Proof of Income
Proof of income is required on all household members over the age of 18 to determine which sliding fee scale will be assigned to each patient.
You must provide at least one of the following:
- Prior year W-2
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Letter from employer that includes employer’s name, address, & phone number
- Form 4506-T (if W-2 not filed)
- Form 1040 or 1040A
- Social security letter for fixed incomes such as social security, disability, pension, etc.
- Snap benefits letter from food stamp office
- Unemployment compensation paycheck stubs
- Letter of reference from any 501(c) non-profit organizations such as homeless shelters or churches
- Self-employed are required to submit detail of the most recent 3 months of income and expenses for the business
340 B Discount Program
Health First partners with several local pharmacies to offer the 340B program. This program is used to provide discount pricing on medications.
Our participating pharmacies are listed below:
- Clay Drug Store
- Thrifty Pharmacy
- Walgreens: Madisonville, Owensboro, & Henderson locations
- RiteAid: Calhoun
- Walmart: Hanson & Princeton, KY
- Poole’s Pharmacy
- Hanson Pharmacy
- Hometown Pharmacy
- Nortonville Pharmacy